The area of business science has experienced major scientific progress over recent years. In order to be prepared for a successful career in academia, business doctorate students need not only high-quality guidance but also internationally competitive training.
However, most German institutions currently do not offer structured doctoral programs in business science to their students. Striving for excellence and embracing international competition in doctoral education, the Humboldt Graduate School of Business merged with the Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS). The first intake of doctoral students was 2009, the application deadline for the October 2013 intake is April 30.
News and links
- Next intake: October 2013 (Deadline: March 31, more...)
- HGSB merges with BDPEMS! In order to facilitate the administration and application process, HGSB and BDPEMS become one institution. Students apply at BDPEMS and can then choose a specialization in the accounting or finance field.
- New course for accounting and finance students offered in the summer term in cooperation with the BDPEMS: Empirical Methods in Accounting and Finance (more...)
- Reserch Training Group "Interdependencies in the regulation of markets" established by DFG, funding opportunites for doctoral students with research interests in finance/accounting (more...)
- Handelblatt reviews German business research doctoral programs (Click here for the German language article).
- Information flyer is available (Click here to download).