Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin -

Information to Promotions-/ Habilitationsverfahren

Doctoral process

Before you start…:

  • If you should not yet have found a supervisor for your doctoral thesis, please refer to the school's internet presentation for further information on our faculty and their fields of research.
  • When you have found a faculty member who has agreed to supervise your thesis, please fill out the application for enrolment as doctoral student
  • Please refer to your thesis supervisor for an appropriate specialisation of your doctoral field
  • Please contact the Dean's office to hand in your application form (signed by your supervisor) and enclose your certificate and official document of your academic degree (diploma certificate or bachelor / master certificate).
  • The Dean's office will check your application and you may receive your notification of admission. The date stated on that letter marks the official begin of your doctoral studies.
  • Important: you have to register as doctoral student at the admission's office:

Abteilung für Angelegenheiten der Studierenden

Unter den Linden 6


(please see § 44 paragraph 2 ASSP for details: “Doctoral students who are not members of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin will be enrolled with the date of their admission. Doctoral students must register with a written application at the admission's office within one month after the receipt of their notification of admission, otherwise their admission will expire. Doctoral committees are entitled to transmit data to the students'administration