These pages refer to useful sources on the web as well as to institutions involved in research in economic history. In the future, we will also provide access to our own collection of digitized historical data.
- Data on the economic history of Europe
- Transnational, comparative, and regional statistics
- High quality, ie. long-run time series with high frequencies as well as disaggregated cross-sectional data for multiple years
Focus of the institute's database
- Time series and cross-sectional data of the European economy, particularly for Central and Eastern Europe
- Areas: trade, production, prices and wages, languages, migration, religion, income and employment, money and banking, government and finance
- Covering the time period from 1850 to 2000