Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - School of Business and Economics


A prolongation of the processing time of the doctorate is possible upon request and is done in consultation with the supervisor.

Request for prolongation of the period of doctoral study

The application for a prolongation must be made in written form, which you submit to the Graduate Office in due time (usually eight weeks) before the end of the period of study.

Please fill out the form below and submit it to your supervisor, who must approve the prolongation request by signature and determine the new processing time.

After that, please submit the form to the Graduate Office.

After approval by the chairman of the Doctoral Degree Board you will get back the original form. You will need this document for re-registering as a doctoral student at the Student Services Center (SSC) of the HU.


Do you have further questions?
Please contact the Graduate Ofice: