Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin -

History of the Chair

 

The history of the School of Business & Economics at the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin and its Chair of Econometrics at the Institute for Statistics & Econometrics goes back to the Seminar of Political Economics & Statistics, founded in 1886, and to the Handelshochschule (Business School), founded in 1906.

In 1926, the Handelshochschule was converted into a scientific university. An intensive exchange of professors emerged between the Seminar of Political Economics & Statistics and the Handelshochschule.

Another reorganization followed after the German Reunification in 1990, in cooperation with the Struktur- und Berufungskommission (Commission of Structure & Appointment). Consequently, the Institute for Statistics & Econometrics was inaugurated on October 20th 1992, including the Chair of Econometrics with Prof. Dr. Helmut Lütkepohl as its first Professor.

 

inauguration small

Inauguration of the Institute for Statistics & Econometrics on October 20th, 1992.

 

In January 2002, Prof. Dr. Lütkepohl took up a position at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy. He was officially on leave until 2005. Prof. Dr. Helmut Herwartz replaced him temporarily until September 2003, followed by Prof Dr. Hans-Martin Krolzig until September 2004. From October 2004 until January 2007 the chair was directed by Dr. Bernd Droge.

After the final leave by Prof. Dr. Lütkepohl the chair was vacant and advertised. In February 2007 Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Hautsch was appointed as the new Professor of Econometrics.

In August 2013, Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Hautsch went to Vienna and the chair was directed again by Dr. Bernd Droge.

In April 2015, Prof. Bernd Fitzenberger, Ph.D., was appointed as the new Professor of Econometrics.